Xavi Hernandez followed Captain Carles Puyol Barcelona
Xavi Hernandez officially extended his contract at Barcelona until 2016
Official Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez extended his contract on Monday (28/01/2013). Vice-captain Barcelona will be at the Camp Nou until June 30, 2016. Xavi Hernandez will remain in Barcelona until June 30, 2016 after this afternoon to extend the contract with the club, obviously stronghold Barcelona.
Contract signing took place at the office of club president Sandro Rosell attended, Vice President Jose Maria Bartomeu and sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta. Midfielder who on Friday reached the age of 33 years, to extend the contract for two years from the previous contract, which ends on June 30, 2014
Thus, Xavi Hernandez followed captain Carles Puyol who had previously signed a new contract at Barcelona until June 2016. After Carles Puyol and Xavi Hernandez, striker Lionel Messi in the near future also officially will realize a longer tenure for the Blaugrana.
Senior Barcelona midfielder, Xavi Hernandez, warned his team to remain cautious against Real Madrid in the first leg of the Copa del Rey on Wednesday (01/30/2013). Because, says Xavi Hernandez, Madrid is a dangerous team.
This game (El Clasico) is always difficult to predict. We are really in a good condition to compete with anyone. But, anything can happen in football, especially against Real Madrid, although the recent Madrid is not good, but they’re still dangerous, he remembers anymore. Xavi Hernandez said.
Xavi Hernandez also commented on his team’s opponents AC Milan meeting i the last 16 of the Champions League. According to him, it is also going to be a tough match. Milan is a tough opponent. They always made it difficult, especially when the last. San Siro is also not easy to spot because they are amazing fans, obviously Xavi Hernandez.